10.17.2011

Movie Monday: The reveal



Today's movie Monday is a special one! I am finally revealing my costume for this year.. dun dun dun... Every year I start a list (usually on Nov. 1) of costume ideas, but I don't make any final decisions until I have that moment when the costume idea really hits me and I just can't think of anything else. This year I was starting to get nervous because it was mid September and I hadn't had that moment yet (it usually happens around July.) But there I was looking at upcoming movie trailers and it hit me, I wanted to be Katniss Everdeen.


If you don't know who that is, you are missing out, she is the main character from the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. They are making the first book into a movie next year and I couldn't wait to be one of the first to attempt to copy their take on the book.


Here is what I am going to need:

  • Cargo pants in a earthy color: I found a pair of olive green cargo pants at a thrift store for 8 bucks
  • Black boots
  • Black jacket
  • Black T-shirt
  • Bow and Arrow
  • Long braid
  • Mockingjay Pin
I have found most of the items, but have not found a Mockingjay pin yet, which is probably the most important part of the costume! I am thinking I am going to make one! Wish me luck! Now I just need to find someone to be my Peeta...

Have you found all of the parts to your costume? Only 2 weeks left! 

No comments:

Post a Comment