10.11.2011

Try it on Tuesday: Geek Week

Beam me up Scotty!

Welcome to the first day of Geek Week- Halloween Style! 

Today's costumes are all about Star Trek! I was a big fan of the 2008 remake of Star Trek so today's costumes are modeled after that film, and only simple modifications would be needed to become your favorite character!
 These costumes are fun and on the easier side to make!

Here is what you need: 
  • Yellow, red or Blue dress: I made mine by finding a HUGE plain red dress at the thrift store, I took it in  and cut off the bottom and the sleeves and BAM- the dress was almost done, I put on a turtle neck underneath and made the patch out of felt and silver fabric glued together. (you can also by one)
  • Ear piece (if you want to be Uhura): I made mine out of an old airplane headphone piece and a piece of a toy glued together and spray painted silver
  • Black tights or leggings 
  • Black boots

my earpiece

The men: dreamy right?
What you need:
  • Black pants
  • Black shoes or boots
  • Yellow, red or blue long sleeved shirt with a patch (made with felt/fabric)
  • Phaser- I found cheap ones on line or you can make your own! 
  • Add the details to make the character come to life like spock's ears and hair! 



No comments:

Post a Comment